Centre for International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
The Centre for International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution provides specialised training and technical assistance, policy, and legal advice and representation on a wide range of international arbitration and dispute resolution matters. We combine in-depth understanding of international law and sector expertise with a wealth of practical experience in all major fields of international dispute resolution.
The Centre offers:
- Substantial experience of international commercial arbitration (ICC, LCIA and OHADA), investment treaty arbitration (ICSID, UNCITRAL and ad hoc) and energy arbitration (ECT) under all major institutional rules.
- Expertise in a wide range of highly technical and complex legal issues arising in various sectors, including international commercial, investment, construction, energy, mining and oil and gas.
- Particular expertise in the use of investor-State dispute settlement (ISDS) mechanisms, which allow foreign investors to initiate investment treaty arbitration directly against a host State.
- Particular familiarity with international disputes, arbitral processes and applicable laws in the MENA region.
- Expertise in the emerging field of online dispute resolution (ODR).
We provide consultancy services on broader aspects in connection with international disputes, touching upon issues of:
- Policy Advice
- International Relations
- Government and Professional Body Relations
- Public Law Issues in International Context
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Institutions, Business and Arbitration – How to set up an arbitration centre
- Banking and Finance
- Construction and Engineering Law:
- Energy and Natural Resources:
- Shipping and Maritime Law:
- Civil Aviation
Please contact us for any further information.