We are pleased to announce that the registration is now open for the Conference on Energy Arbitration and Dispute Resolution in the Middle East and Africa, scheduled to take place on 7-9 March 2016 in London.
The main themes include:
- An overview of the energy arbitration system;
- The Middle East and Africa context: economic factors, market and security issues;
- Practical considerations when arbitrating;
- Specific issues arising at the stages of exploration, extraction, refinement and distribution process;
- Impact of renewable energy development;
- Impact of investment by state actors.
Also, the event includes a workshop day, consisting of four workshops:
- Workshop Session 1: Discussion on the possibility of designing an ideal dispute resolution system for energy disputes in the Middle East and Africa region;
- Workshop Session 2: A practical exercise on a gas price dispute;
- Workshop Session 3: A practical exercise on a typical investment treaty dispute;
- Workshop Session 4: A practical exercise on an international boundary dispute.
Delegates can register here – Registration for Energy Conference